Job Opportunities with WRT
To open the Application, please use Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. If you are using Google Chrome, please right click on the link and select Save Link As to download the application form.
A PDF reader such as Adobe Reader is required to open the Application.
OUTSIDE PLANT CLERK – SEASONAL
Reports To: Construction & Engineering Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Utilizes computer-aided design (CAD) software and geographic information systems (GIS) to input data on maps and staking sheets. Develops and maintains a filing system for copies of engineering drawings and related materials. Prepares work orders for construction personnel. Maintains cable plant records and other clerical duties.
• Input data on maps and staking sheets using CAD and GIS software.
• Ensures drawings, maps and work plans are accessible by developing and maintaining a filing system for engineering drawings and related materials.
• Process new and completed work orders.
• Respond to inquiries from other departments.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of computer-aided drafting principles and practices.
• Ability to utilized CAD and GIS software.
• Knowledge of company products and services.
• Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
• Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, various software programs, and telephone systems.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in reading and interpreting technical documents and forms including maps, work orders, staking sheets, schematics and circuit diagrams.
• Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
• Ability to effectively function as a team player.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable by WRT’s insurance carrier.
Prefer AAS in computer-aided design (CAD) and/or geographic information systems (GIS) or equivalent work experience. Prefer knowledge and experience in AutoCAD and/or Esri GIS software.
Reports to WRT Headquarters Plant Building in Hazen, ND and must reside within WRT service area.
Apply online at www.westriv.com or send application/resume and applicable certifications to Michelle Perreault, Personnel Director, P.O. Box 467, Hazen, ND 58545 by 5:00 p.m. on September 24, 2018.
WRT is an Equal Opportunity Employer