Job Opportunities with WRT
To open the Application, please use Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. If you are using Google Chrome, please right click on the link and select Save Link As to download the application form.
A PDF reader such as Adobe Reader is required to open the Application.
Reports To: C&E Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Places fiber cable by operating plowing, digging, boring and trenching equipment. Maintains buried cable by testing and repairing cable. Places and maintains cable within underground conduit system. Splices copper cable and splicing and testing of fiber cables. Installs and maintains pedestals and poles. Installs and removes aerial cable. Performs related construction tasks as required and is subject to DOT random drug testing. May stake predesigned jobs and verify contractor placement and restoration per the design while collecting GPS data. Position requires out of town work with overnight stays. Utilizes computer software to receive, track, clear, and enter project data and orders. Emergency work and working after normal daily hours will be required at times.
• Operates construction equipment including cable plows, trenching machines, boring machines, backhoes/loaders, aerial trucks/trailers and boom equipment, as well as other various hand tools, motorized tools, GPS collector, trucks and vehicles.
• Restore original landscaping as close as possible.
• Splices cable for new construction.
• Repairs and maintains aerial cable, buried copper and buried fiber cable.
• Installs and maintains premise protectors, ONT housings, Network Interface devices, pedestals, poles, hand holds and proper grounding solutions.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned.
• Must have a valid Class A driver’s license and be insurable by WRT’s insurance carrier.
• Knowledge of fiber facility construction process and procedure.
• Knowledge of telecommunications plant operations and maintenance.
• Knowledge of cable color code.
• Knowledge of company products and services.
• Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
• Skill in operating various vehicles and construction equipment.
• Skill in splicing copper and fiber cables.
• Skill in working with IVUE and Microsoft office software.
• Skill to read and interpret documents such as maps, staking sheets, and operating and maintenance manuals.
• Skill to properly collect GPS data with a Trimble GEO 7X.
• Skill to operate and interpret OTDR results.
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 60 lbs.
• Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieve results with good fiscal policy.
• Adapt to the evolving and changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities of WRT and the industry.
• Promote organizational mission and goals by influencing others to act in support of ideas, programs, or causes.
• Display an ongoing positive commitment to learning and self-improvement; desiring and making an effort to acquire new knowledge or skills for work.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
Associate degree in Electronic Technology is preferred. Previous experience in the telephone industry and/or heavy equipment is required.
Reports to WRT Headquarters Plant Building in Hazen, ND and must reside within WRT service area.
Apply online at www.westriv.com or send application/resume and applicable certifications to Michelle Perreault, Human Resources Manager, PO Box 467, Hazen, ND 58545 by noon on Thursday, February 28.
WRT is an Equal Opportunity Employer